This dish is a soup made with blue crab meat boiled with radish, young pumpkin, onion, and red chili powder. The fresh taste of the soup and sweet crab meat is simply irresistible.
剥掉花蟹背上的壳，加入萝卜、丝瓜、 洋葱以及辣椒粉等调料熬的汤。花蟹肉肥膏 满，肉质鲜嫩，汤的味道也是鲜浓爽口。
Ingredients (serve 4)
4 blue crabs (2 lb, 1kg), 10 cups water (2.5L), 7 oz (200g) white radish, 1 large green onion (1 oz, 30g), 2 green chili pepper (1 oz, 30g), 12 short-necked clams, 2 oz (60g) crown daisy, salt as needed, saltwater (1 tablespoon salt, 1 cup water)
Seasoning 2 tablespoons gochut-garu (red chili pepper powder), 1 tablespoon gochu-jang (red chili pepper paste), 1 tablespoon doenjang (soybean paste) ½ cup water, 2 tablespoons rice wine, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger juice, salt as needed
1. Wash the blue crabs with a brush. Take off the crabs shell and remove inside gills. Cut the crabs in quarters.
2. In the refrigerator, soak the clams in the saltwater for 30 minutes to remove sand. Rub the clams to wash. Pour 10 cups of cold water in a large saucepan and add cleaned clams bring to boil until the clams open the shells. Remove the clams and keep the broth and clams separately.
3. Cut the radish into 1½x1x¼-inch (4x3x0.5-cm) pieces.
4. Slice the chili peppers and green onion diagonally. Tear the crown daisy in 2-inch (4-cm) long pieces.
5. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients of seasoning and mix well.
1. Bring to a boil the clam broth, add the seasoning mixture. Add the radish into the broth. When it boils, add the blue crabs and boil for 20 minutes over medium heat.
2. Add the chili pepper, crown daisy and clams then cook for 5 minutes more. Season to taste with salt.