This spicy stew is made with pollack boiled with radish, crown daisy, and other vegetables, along with bean curd and is seasoned with red chili powder. Its spiciness makes it an ideal meal in the winter. However, a non-spicy version can be made without the red chili powder, depending upon one’s preference.
将冻明太鱼和萝卜、茼蒿等蔬菜 放入锅中加水煮开，再放入豆腐和辣椒粉等 熬出的辣鱼汤。味道辛辣，更适合冬天食用， 也可以不放辣椒粉做成清汤。
Ingredients (serve 4)
2 Pollack, 7 oz (200g) intestines, 3 oz (90g) bean sprout, 4 oz (120g) white radish, 4 oz (120g) firm dubu, 2 oz (60g) oyster mushroom, 2 oz (60g) green onion, 7 cups water (1.75L), 4 tablespoons gochut-garu (red chili pepper powder), 2 tablespoons gochu-jang (red chili pepper paste), 1 teaspoon minced garlic, ½ teaspoon minced ginger, 1 tablespoon rice wine, salt as needed, pinch of ground black pepper
1. Scale the Pollack and remove the fins and intestines. Cut the fish in 2-inch (5-cm) long segments and wash and drain.
2. Wash the intestines and drain.
3. Remove the tails of bean sprouts and wash. Shred the oyster mushrooms into thick strips.
4. Cut the radish and dubu into 1x1x½-inch (3x2x1-cm) pieces.
5. Cut the green onions in 1½-inch (4-cm) long pieces.
1. Pour water into a large saucepan and completely dissolve the gochut-garu and gochu-jang|. Bring to a boil over high heat.
2. When it boils, add the fish, white radish, bean sprouts, rice wine, soysauce for soup, minced green onions and minced garlic. Boil over medium heat for 20 minutes.
3. Add the dubu and mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat. Add green onions and season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.