Beef short ribs, trimmed of fat, seasoned in sweet soy sauce, and braised until tender with carrots, chestnuts, ginko nuts, and other vegetables.
牛排骨或猪排骨泡水去掉血水和 油脂后，加入胡萝卜、板栗、银杏等材料，以 酱油等各种调料进行调味后，用文火慢炖即 可。
Ingredients (serve 4)
2 lb (1kg) beef short ribs with bones (2-inch (5-cm) long), 5 cups water (1.25L), 2 cups reserved beef broth (500ml), ⅛ white radish (½ lb, 250g), ½ carrot (3½ oz, 100g), 6 dried pyogo (shiitake) mushrooms (1 oz, 30g), after soaking (3 oz, 90g) 5 chestnuts, 3 jujubes, vegetable oil, salt as needed
Seasoning for beef 4 tablespoons soy sauce, 4 tablespoons pear juice (or 4 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon sugar), 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons minced green onion, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, crushed, pinch of ground black pepper
1. Cut the white radish and carrot into 1½-inch (4-cm) cubes, and round the edges.
2. Soak the pyogo mushrooms in water and strain. Once soaked, remove the stems.
3. Peel the chestnuts and remove the seed from jujubes.
4. Combine all the ingredients of the marinade for beef.
1. Place the ribs in a pot and cover with cold water to remove any blood from the ribs. Drain the ribs in a colander and discard the water. Pour 5 cups of water into a pot and bring to a boil. When it boils, add the ribs, and cook for 30 minutes. Skim off foam several times. Remove the ribs, to a platter and set aside until they are cool enough to handle. Reserve the broth in the pot. Remove the extra fat and score diagonally 1-inch (2-cm) intervals.
2. Let the broth cool and skim off the fat.
3. In a medium saucepan, pour the water and bring to a boil. Add the white radish and carrots and parboil for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
4. In a pot, place the prepared short ribs and pour ⅔ part of the marinade and mix well. Add the 2 cups of reserved broth and bring to a boil for about 40 minutes over medium heat.
5. When the ribs become tender, add the parboiled white radish, carrots, pyogo mushrooms, chestnuts, jujubes and the rest of marinade. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
6. Arrange the ribs and vegetables in a serving bowl.
소갈비 12kg, 밤 10개, 대추 10개, 은행 1/3컵, 배 1/2개
(양념장: 간장 6큰술, 설탕 2큰술, 양파즙 2큰술, 맛술 2큰술, 파 4큰술, 마늘 2큰술, 깨소금 1큰술 후추, 참기름)
1. 소갈비는 6cm 길이로 토막을 낸 다음 찬물에 담가 핏물을 뺀 후 기름기를 떼어낸다.
2. 갈비에 가로, 세로로 칼집을 넣고 배 는 강판에 갈아 즙을 낸다.
3. 손질한 갈비에 먼저 배즙을 뿌려 30분 정도 재워놓았다가 분량의 양념장을 만들어 고루 끼얹어 잠시 간이 배이도록 뒤적인다.
4. 남비에 ③을 앉혀 국물을 붓고 한소끔 끓으면 밤, 대추를 넣는다.
5. 중불에서 서서히 끓여 갈비가 무르면 은행을 넣는다.