A hot pot of bulgogi, baby octopus, and vegetables simmered in broth. The sweet and tender bulgogi goes well with the spicy, chewy baby octopus.
将烤牛肉与章鱼及蔬菜放 入锅中，倒入高汤后边煮边吃。软嫩甘甜的牛 肉和鲜辣筋道的章鱼味道极配，可谓相得益 彰。
Ingredients (serve 4)
4 small octopus, 7 oz (200g) beef (for sirloin, ⅛-inch thickness), 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 1 onion, 3⅓ oz (100g) button mushroom, 2 oz (60g) green onion
Marinade for octopus 4 tablespoons gochut-garu (red chili pepper powder), 2 tablespoons gochu-jang (red chili pepper paste), 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon minced green onion, ½ tablespoon minced garlic, ¼ teaspoon minced ginger, 1 tablespoon rice wine, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Marinade for beef 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ½ tablespoon sugar, 2 teaspoon minced green onion, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, pinch of ground black pepper
Broth 5 cups water (1.25L), 2 teaspoons soy sauce for soup, salt as needed
1. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients of marinade for octopus and mix well. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients of marinade for beef and mix well.
2. Rub the octopus with a sea salt and wash many times with cold water. Cut the octopus into 2-inch (5-cm) long segments. In a large bowl, add the octopus and 1 tablespoon of marinade for octopus and mix well.
3. Pat dry the beef with a paper towel to remove excess blood. Slice the beef into 2-inch (5-cm) long strips. In a large bowl, add the beef and marinade for beef and mix well.
4. Slice the onion into ¼-inch (0.6-cm) fine strips.
5. Slice the mushrooms into ¼-inch (0.6-cm) fine strips.
6. Cut the green onion into 2-inch (5-cm) long strips.
7. In a sauce pan, add the 5 cups water and bring to boil. Season to taste with soy sauce for soup, sugar and salt.
1. In a shallow hot pot, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Stir-fry the octopus over low heat.
2. Turn off the heat, arrange the octopus, beef and vegetables in clusters side by side.
3. In a saucepan, add water and bring to boil. Season to taste with salt and soy sauce for soup. And pour the broth into the hot pot. Bring to boil the hot pot over medium heat until the octopus and beef is cooked. Lower the heat to low. Serve in a bowl while it is boiling.