To make Gamjajorim (braised potatoes with soysauce), potatoes are cut into bite-sized pieces and fried in a pan over medium heat. They are then added to soy sauce and water and boiled to a glaze.
热锅放油，将切成大小适中的土豆放 入锅中翻炒，火调至中火。接着放一些调味酱 油和适量的水继续熬煮，烧至土豆颜色酱红 润泽。
Ingredients (serve 4)
1 lb (500g) potatoes, 4 green chili peppers (2 oz, 60g), 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sugar, ½ cup water, 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon sesame oil
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) cubes and soak in water.
2. Cut the green chili peppers into ½-inch (1-cm) thick rounds and rinse in water to remove seeds.
1. Drain the potatoes in a colander and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potato pieces and stir-fry them for 5 minutes.
3. Add the soy sauce and sugar into the skillet and stir-fry. Add ½ cup water, cover the lid, and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes until the sauce is mostly absorbed.
4. When the potatoes are cooked thoroughly, add green chili peppers, toasted sesame seeds and sesame oil. Quickly stir-fry them together.