Gopchangjeongol, Beef Tripe Hot Pot, 肥肠火锅, コプチャンの寄せ鍋, 곱창전골
Ingredients (serve 4)
7 oz (200g) beef tripe (boiled, trimmed), 7 oz (200g) beef 1st stomach (boiled, trimmed), 3 oz (100g) beef, 2 oz (60g) white radish, 1 oz (30g) carrot, 3 oz (100g) cabbage, 3 oz (90g) oyster mushroom, 1 onion, 1 large green onion (1 oz, 30g), 2 red chili peppers (1 oz, 30g), 1 green chili pepper (½ oz, 15g), 7 oz (200g) thick white wheat noodles (or sliced rice cake), salt as needed
Broth 10 oz (300g) white radish, 12 cups water (3L)
Seasoning 3 tablespoons gochut-garu (red chili pepper powder), 1 tablespoon gochu-jang (red chili pepper paste), 3 tablespoons water, 2 tablespoons soy sauce for soup, 1 tablespoon sugar, 2 tablespoons minced green onion, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 tablespoon minced green chili pepper, 2 tablespoons rice wine, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, pinch of ground black pepper
1. Prepare the broth. Pour the water in a large pot and add the white radish. Bring to a boil for 20 minutes over medium heat.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients of seasoning and mix well
3. Slice the beef, beef tripe and stomach into strips. In a large bowl, add the beef, beef tripe and stomach and then mix well with 2 tablespoons seasoning.
4. Cut the white radish, carrot and cabbage into 1½x1x¼-inch (4x2x0.6-cm) pieces.
5. Cut the onion into halves and then slice into fine strips. Shred the oyster mushrooms into thin strips.
6. Slice the large green onion and chili peppers diagonally.
1. In a shallow hot pot, arrange the meats, vegetables and noodles in clusters side by side. Add the seasoning on the top of ingredients and then pour the broth. Bring to boil over medium heat.
2. When the white radish is cooked, lower the heat to low. Serve in a bowl while it is boiling.